CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Riverdance Finale

Just thought I'd give you all a taste of what I saw last night!


Last night I went to Riverdance with my mom and my sister and words can hardly describe how amazingly awesome it was! It was music made with feet at its finest. I absolutely loved it!! To see 22 people all tapping their feet to crazy fast syncopated rhythms at the same time...I was astounded! I have always wanted to see the show, so it was a dream come true. I know that some people may think that Riverdance is cheesy, but I could care less. Those people last night have been given gifts from God. It's also always been a dream of mine to be in Riverdance, but unfortunately I have never taken tap lessons and it's also their farewell tour, so I guess I'm a bit late. Oh well. The band was phenomenal...they had the best violinist I have ever seen in my life. The sax player could keep up with the violin which was incredibly fast and it all looked effortless! The uilleann pipes were hauntingly beautiful and the singing was superb. My face hurt by the end of it because I was grinning like an idiot the whole time. It was pure joy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw Riverdance when they were here almost 9 years ago, and it was amazing then too. Unfortunately we weren't able to see them this time, but I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as we did back then.

Sheila said...

All I can say is "I got goosebumps!!!"
I would LOVE to go see that live! Perhaps I'll have to go with my mom as well next time!