CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Faith Like a Child




















I love this picture of Jared and Kiera! It shows total trust from Kiera that her daddy won't drop her. She doesn't know how not to trust. Then, in the car on the way home last night, I was thinking, "Kiera's life is in my hands right now." I mean, ultimately, she's in God's hands, but she totally depends on me (and Jared in some cases) to feed her, clothe her, clean her, etc. She doesn't ever worry about it and all of her needs are constantly being met. That's when God spoke to me and said, "That's what I mean when I say I want you to have faith like a child." Why don't I trust my Heavenly Father to meet all of my needs like He has promised? I often think that I can do this on my own, or I know best or that my plans are the best, when really my wisdom is foolishness compared to God. His ways are higher than my ways and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts. So this is my latest and always ongoing challenge: to trust God with every single area of my life just as Kiera trusts us. Sometimes I don't know who's learning more: me or her.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Great thoughts--such a tough area of faith to live out!

Cute picture, by the way.

Roo said...

WELCOME TO BLOGGER-LAND! :) your little girl is sooooo very sweet. what a pumpkin! aren't they addictive?

and amen to your thoughts on this post. the faith of a child.....it puts new meaning to when Jesus said, "unless you become like a little child you cannot enter the kingdom of God", heh?

Anonymous said...

You're thoughts are so deep and so full of wisdom. I really loved reading this blog. It touched me greatly! God has sure blessed you!!

Elleah said...

Thank-you! Yes Ruth, they are addictive! Amanda, I'm glad you were touched by it. I know 5 Amandas, so I'm not sure which one you are! If you read this, could you let me know? Thanks!

Jared said...

Hi Elleah,

I love to read your posts! I think they are funny, witty, and encouraging. Keep it up!

Mills' Memoirs said...

Hey Elleah! That is so true...if only we could learn to trust Him as much as our kids trust us! Your daughter is gorgeous, by the way!