I’m starting to get behind on blogging again. I’ve been enjoying sitting outside on our deck in the sunshine and going out and doing things together as a family now that summer has arrived!
In May, we had our annual church ladies retreat. We used to always have them when it was still winter but last year they decided to change it to May instead. I missed it since that was the week-end we were leaving for our Iowa vacation, so this year I got to enjoy my first “warmer weather” ladies retreat!
I like this sign and also the various things they have among the trees
I think they call this the Wigwam. I recall being in this building for some sort of high school retreat (I think).
On Saturday morning, my roommates and I walked down to the water.
I thought it was so neat how I could see all of the roots coming out.
There were several of these x rocks which intrigued me.
This was the building where we had our meetings in.
On Saturday afternoon, I went for another walk with these beautiful ladies who make me laugh! The 2 on the right were my roomies. :)
She was enjoying quiet time by the water and did not know that I was taking a picture all stalker-like.
The toboggan slide, which we obviously did not make use of.
There was a nice sandy area as well
We went exploring and found a see-saw…
…as well as a pond with a canoe.
One of my roommates brought treats along….yes, she had an entire chocolate cake in her suitcase which I thought was hilarious and fantastic! My Paleo diet went out the window very quickly as I enjoyed our late night indulgence, and possibly more after breakfast the next morning!
God definitely spoke to me that week-end about it being a season of dancing in my life. I was very encouraged, especially after all of the health challenges and a very painful situation that I’ve gone through, and I really enjoyed our time together!
0 comments:
Post a Comment