CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Vacation Day 1: The Drive There

On Sunday, May 4, at 8:20 a.m. we left our house and headed 900 km (559 miles) away to Spirit Lake, Iowa. Where is that? In the middle of nowhere! We booked a 3-bedroom cabin on http://resortcerts.com for $200 for the whole week, so for that price, we figured we would try it out. In preparation for the long drive, I ordered 14 Veggie Tales movies from amazon.com for a total of $40 and prayed that our dvd player would work in the van (sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t). Complete Season 2

I think we made it a couple of hours before I cracked open the case. I had bought a couple of things at the dollar store but those activities only lasted so long. Oh, and the dvd player behaved very well most of the time!

I liked all the water towers that each town had.

We stopped for lunch at a mall food court and they had recipes covering each pillar in the food court area. I thought that was really neat. They had a fantastic play room for kids, so we let them run around in there for a little while before hitting the road again. SOOOO EXCITED to see hills in the distance! An art centre The road actually went up and down! It was refreshing to see so much green, since we woke up to snow again this morning. Usually I’m the one taking pictures instead of the one in them, so I took a picture to prove that I was there. ;) We arrived at our cabin at 9:45 p.m. and I unpacked all of our suitcases before heading to bed.  I had asked my friend to pray for a miracle since our kids often go crazy in the van even on short rides and God did a miracle!  They did incredibly well on our 13.5-hour journey (and they did not watch movies the whole time). :)

1 comments:

CAndruman said...

That playroom looks awesome! :)