On Saturday evening, we had Jared’s work party. Every year it’s at the same high-end restaurant in a private room. Some of the girls dress pretty fancy and I think I was somewhere in between. I wore a knee-length black dress that wasn’t very fancy but because it was SO cold outside (I think somewhere in the –30’s) I wore black tights and tall black boots. It was assigned seating this year and I really liked who we were sitting with at our table of 7.
Now about the food. Oh. my. word. The food is probably some of the best food I’ve ever had!! It is a 5-course dinner and you get options for 4 of the courses. The first course was garlic cheese toast. Ya, not so great for my cleanse, but I decided I wasn’t going to worry about it and I was going to fully enjoy all of the food. YUM!! The 2nd course we could pick between some sort of shrimp, some other seafood thing and baby back ribs. Jared + I went with the ribs and I think they were the best ribs I’ve ever had, even better than restaurants who specialize in them! The 3rd course we could choose between carrot ginger soup (sounded very unappetizing to us) or caesar salad. After the salad we had the main course. Jared went with an 8 oz filet mignon, which is what I had last year. I decided this year I would try the chicken almondine and it was DELICIOUS! For dessert we could choose between a very rich chocolate mousse cake (I don’t think I even finished it last year because it was too rich) or berry cheesecake. We both went with the cheesecake.
Our entertainment this year was Matt Falk. HILARIOUS!! I was laughing so hard I was almost crying and my face hurt. I am SO thankful for funny, clean comedy which is very rare. Definitely one of the highlights of the evening.
Every person got a ticket and throughout the evening, tickets were pulled and the person could choose either cash or they could open a gift from the gift table. At first the cash amount was $20, then it went up to $50. Last year, everyone at our table won something but Jared + I did not. This year both of our tickets were called! Right before Jared’s ticket got pulled, his boss decided to up the cash amount to $100, so I told Jared to pick the cash and he did!! That was a blessing! When my ticket got pulled, I wasn’t given the option of cash, so the present I opened ended up being salt and pepper shakers. ;)
After the dessert, there was a gift exchange between the employees. It was the stealing game, so once it was your turn, you could open a new gift or steal someone else’s and a gift could be stolen up to 2 times. At the end, Jared ended up with Doe Estrus spray which attracts does who are in heat. I was thinking we should go spray it at someone else’s house, ha ha! Not an overly useful gift but very funny! It was my idea to pick up a La Senza gift card, since a majority of Jared’s co-workers are male. I said to Jared, “Wouldn’t it be funny if your boss ended up with it?” In the end, the person who had #1 could trade with anyone, so she took the boss’s knife and gave him the La Senza gift card!!
We had a wonderful time and every year we’re very blessed by Jared’s boss’s generosity. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment