CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 15, 2013

Tests, a Barn and Undeserved Grace

I haven’t been feeling well lately and not a normal not feeling well, so I went to see my doctor.  She ordered blood tests to test for almost everything under the sun and I am very thankful that she is so thorough.  While I was waiting for my paperwork to be processed before I actually got the blood tests done, I really wasn’t doing well.  I started to pray and speak the name of Jesus over and over.  My name was called almost right away and then I took my paperwork over to the lab.  There were at least 5 people sitting there waiting already and I sat down beside an old man.  I learned that he’s 80 and he was sharing a story with the guy next to him of how he knows about a scientist who worked at NASA as they were preparing for the first trip to the moon.  Once the trip was completed, the scientist was planning to commit suicide.  He told someone and they strongly encouraged him not to.  He ended up getting in contact with Gospel Mission, reading their material and gave his life to the Lord!  I told the man after the story was done that I was very encouraged by that story. 

When he left a younger guy came (I found out he’s 38) and he just made me laugh.  He was an interesting character.  He was saying how it was going to be a white Christmas because he’s getting a lot of white hair in his beard now.  A couple had been at the lab, waited so long that they left for lunch and then came back when they were there.  This guy said, “And you bought a house and paid off the whole mortgage…” I have never felt such camaraderie or had so much interaction with people at the blood lab before and I have been there way too many times this year.  I looked back at how I had called on the name of Jesus and then things changed.  No, my body didn’t feel better but my spirit definitely did.  God placed people in my path exactly when I needed encouragement.  He just poured out His grace.  He is so good.

Later in the evening I went to a “soaking barn” where they have worship music, mattresses, blankets, couches and I just lay down and soaked in the presence of the Lord.  A couple of times people from the prayer team came and laid hands on me and silently prayed and I could feel the Holy Spirit.  I left with much more peace than I had arrived with but it was definitely a battle to choose to praise the Lord and focus on Him instead of how I was feeling physically.  I was talking with my uncle and my Mom afterward (they were both there) and they were saying how the presence of Jesus makes all the difference.  It really does!  I had a better sleep than I’ve had in a couple of weeks and I’m feeling a bit better today, so all glory goes to God!  Oh, and I definitely plan on going back to the barn. ;)

0 comments: