CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 7, 2013

The Rest of Summer

Since it’s fall now, I figured I should finish up posting the rest of our summer pictures.  What else did we do this summer?

Kiera passed her 2nd level of swimming lessons

Fearlessly putting her head in the water

We surprised the kids and took them to a place with rides, which they were very excited about!

It was Haley’s first time there and she really enjoyed it

Blake went on 3 rides and didn’t want to go on anymore, so the staff kindly let us switch his wristband to Haley, so then she could go on unlimited rides.

This was her favorite and she went on it at least 5 times, maybe more.

This was a new ride that Kiera hadn’t been on before

She went on this tall slide again this year by herself.  Heights don’t scare her.

She also went on a small rollercoaster with Jared, which was a new one for her as well.

What else happened this summer?  Jared washed my water bottle in the dishwasher, which it wasn’t supposed to ever be put in the dishwasher.  It shrunk.

I bought a new dishwasher-safe bottle which I really like and take almost everywhere with me, since it was already announced on Facebook that I’m a water snob (or water princess) with my love for distilled water.

There was quite a bit of dressing up this summer.

This is me + Jared’s favorite: during prayer time at supper, Haley squeezes her eyes shut and it makes us laugh every time.

We went to the splash park several times at the end of summer and this was our last time there with friends.

At the beginning of the summer, none of my kids wanted to even get wet and by the end Kiera and Blake were running through the water.  Yay!!

Haley preferred to stay a safe distance away or have me hold her while she got her feet wet on top of the mushroom things.  She got heavy and then would throw a fit when I put her down.  I’m hoping next summer she will do better at the splash park.

The kids sometimes liked to play winter (it’s winter for almost half the year and then in summer they want to play winter…go figure), so they would put on toques, mitts and sometimes their parkas and ski pants.

They thought it was the funniest thing for me to take pictures of them with their butts sticking out.

We really enjoyed the summer and tried to make the most of it since we didn’t do any overnight trips.  Fun was had by all!

0 comments: