CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 21, 2011

Our Little Trip

Last week, we went away on a little holiday that Jared surprised me with!  I had been telling him for quite a while that I would love to be surprised with a trip one day, so he booked it without telling me and then told me after. :)  He was off work all week and we were gone for 2 nights.  The kids had their blankets on them basically the whole time we were driving, which was a lifesaver!  They were quiet almost the whole 4 hours it took to get there!  Here is Blake sleeping…I love how his face gets chubbier when all of his muscles are relaxed!

As soon as they have their blankets, their fingers go in their mouth.

I only had to feed Haley once on the way there and that was when we stopped at DQ for lunch.  Close to our destination, we drove through a town and saw this building covered in bras!

I couldn’t believe I was actually seeing that and quickly asked Jared to turn around so that I could take a picture!  I have NO idea what was up with that.  We stayed in a 2-bedroom cabin.  Jared loved that Kiera was cuddling with him while watching Veggie Tales

I thought it was cool how the stripes on Blake’s shirt lit up with the camera flash

The first night I was up almost the whole night between Haley waking up, Blake falling out of bed, and then both him + Kiera keeping each other awake because they were sharing a room.  The strange thing was, we had our bed rail along for Blake, since he’s used to sleeping in a crib, but he fell off the end of the bed.  Now that we’re home, he’s back in his crib.  Thankfully, the 2nd night went much better, but we had to put Kiera in our room for a bit while Blake fell asleep because she was keeping him up.  We went to the mall and Jared let Kiera + Blake go on a whole bunch of rides while I looked for clothes with Haley.

I loved how there were so many trees and all the fall colors!

The outside of the cabin

The main room in the cabin

Haley turned 2 months old the day we got there

On the way home, we stopped in a city to do some shopping.  I had found a dressy shirt at a store the day before that I really liked, but I didn’t buy it.  I saw the same shirt in the same store in this other city and decided that if it fit, I would buy it.  It was buy one get one for $10 and I found another nice shirt and they both fit, so I bought them both and got a great deal!  It was cloudy almost our whole trip but as we got closer to home, blue sky started to appear, so I took a picture because I just loved the color!

It was nice to get away, but we found it very not relaxing with our 3 kids along, so we won’t be doing that again any time soon.  It was great to watch the kids having fun, but it was tiring and stressful at times.  I think vacations will be more enjoyable once they’re older!

0 comments: